Thursday, May 03, 2007

The help desk call

A call with a tech support person called Almer who is trying to setup my account and email on my local machine.
It's about 10:30 am and we are exchanging information back and forth.
My username is wrong(not unusual considering I have most of the alphabets in my name). We fixed it and by then it was almost 11:30 and I was getting hungry.
Me:Oooo, I smell grilled sandwich somewhere nearby, delicious...
Almer:Yeah sure, go ahead and type in your password please
I type in and get in. We try to install the application and we get a 'No disk space' error.
Sugu: ...yeah we can set it up, my friends were waiting for me but I told them to go ahead and have lunch, its usually pretty good at the cafe...
Almer: Yup, I think we need to have admin privilieges to make this work, can you ask Shane to login to this machine as admin please?
I get Shane my manager to log in. Almer starts to clean up the system. Its 12:15 pm and the clean up indicates an hour and 15 minutes.
Me: This is probably a good time for me to get some lunch and come back up, we both should get back at this after lunch
Almer: Oh you know how windows is, it says an hour but it might be 2 minutes, but sometimes it might say 2 minutes and be stuck there forever
Me: But it says an hour and 14 minutes and seems to be moving steadily down.
Shane walks in to check on me so I decide to pretend I am working.
35 minutes later...
Almer: So this should work...hopefully

He clicks on something and we get a 'Special Database not found' error. We solved our space problem but this is something new.
Almer: Bear with me here we should be done hopefully.
Me: I hope so, someone just passed by with Quizno's sub and this whole place is smelling wonderful and my mouth is watering.
The time is 1:30...
Almer: There you go everything is setup
Me: Thank god (You moron!)
Almer: My boss just left home for the day and I am having to stay alone at work.
Me: Part-timer is he? (My voice was getting irrirated and cranky at this point from hunger)
Almer: Its a she and it's dark outside and usually she doesnt stay beyond midnight
Me (dazed): Where are you calling me from?
Almer: Phillipines
Me: What!??!? Ok I am hanging up.
Almer: Wait...tell me who Quizno is
Me: What?
Almer: You told me someone was having Quizno's sub

*Click*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home