Monday, April 16, 2007

Sold my Soul to Corporate Devil

I looked at my Fossil 1.5 inch faded leather cuff watch and realized I have 40 minutes before Flight 476 takes off. Sporting a clean haircut at Supercuts I sat down sipping on my Starbucks Grande Non-Fat extra hot Latte. I took off the Oakley sunglasses from behind my head and tucked it into my Swiss Army bag and took out my iPod listening to it. Just then I spilled some coffee on my QuikSilver shirt and a bit on my Levis Strauss custom fit Jeans. I cleaned it up and made sure there was no spill on my Red Wings shoes.

Flashback to 3 years ago on the Arizona State Campus:
I am strolling down Palm Walk, listening to Rage Against the machine. "Screw Corporate America" I tell myself, those blood sucking bastards! I have a simple $5 Tee and $10 Khaki I got from Wal-mart. My shoe is plain black...no brand name on it, worth $15. I carry this bag that I brought with me from India, in dollars it's less than $3. I eat at the cheapest place I can find. My hair is unkempt and fluttering wildly in the dry wind.

I've come a long way now...sucked in by materialism, materialistic pleasures...and the scary thing is I am aware of it...!

3 Comments:

Blogger Harini Sridharan said...

You talk about your pauper life at ASU with $5 tee, $10 pant and $15 shoes - but you fail to mention your $100 sunglasses that you used to wear day and night, in sunshine and rain, inside the house and outside.. :D

7:34 PM  
Blogger Amrutha Ragavan said...

Intriguing!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Sugavan said...

that was an exception...the $120 Nike shades...a taste of the high life...

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home