Friday, June 01, 2007

Improving on Racquetball

Have been playing rac ball for 3 hours per day non-stop the past two weeks now. I realized my technique is very ordinary, so I focus on the following:
1) Anticipation of where the opponent will hit the ball
2) My speed - Accelerate to the ball, especially when the opponent plays the drop shots
3) Corner the opponent
4) My backhand - being left handed, most right hand players serve to my back hand and that usually spells doom for me
5) Mixing up my serves - Serve the fast one to the corner and lob the slower one to corner the opponent
6) The racquet - I got an Ektelon racquet (can't remember the model). I think I will get the E-force Lethal 170, it's lighter and should give me a better control of my shot and direction

Update: Since I could not get the Lethal 170, I am going for the Bedlam 150. It is lighter and all its effort is focused at it's head giving me the ability to go for the kill shots at will (hopefully!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home