Saturday, May 14, 2005

Dozing off with Dope

I started of listening to Mercebow, a band so poor they could not buy their own instruments, but ended up making random noises using rusted iron, shattered glass and nail scratching on different surfaces(Should have made your eyes shrink with pain now...)
They were ok.... but I was still searching for a lullaby to sleep.
I had grown up listening to Indian classic movie songs and Karnatic songs....to me this was the limit. Until I listened Rob Zombie's Dragula.
Things changed completely. I wanted to go further. Started to randomly hit out at different genres, jazz, punk, rock, blues...none of it would help.
Then came the movie Queen of the Damned
I see hell in your eyes.........
Born with no soul, lack of control........
Forsaken...
You think you're smart, you're not.......

I found symmetry in this seemingly so called random noise.
Then came Slipknot's My Plague and I am Hated. Also Static-x' Wisconsin Death Trip, Mephisto Odyssey and Machine, Dope's Die MF Die and Jenny's Cryin.
Papa Roach, Linkin Park, POD all followed. I had entered a new world - the world of Heavy Metal and Death Metal.
I could not stand Cannibal Corpse or Lamb of God type of music. I could never tell the difference.
If Slipknot or Static-X performs in Dallas, I will probably go and loose myself....to the randomness and noise

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home